SSI Open Water Referral Course
A popular option, especially during the winter months, is the Open Water Referral course. The indoor theory and pool sessions are completed through Sharky’s for a fee of $349 + tx.
You then complete the open water dives at another dive training facility, such as an exotic destination while on a scuba vacation. The fees for their rentals and certification are determined by the individual shops.
This allows you to actually dive while on holiday, instead of spending you time indoors. If you choose this option, please specify it when you come in to Sharky’s for course signup.
The SSI Open Water Certification is accepted worldwide and valid for life
- Qualifies you to dive worldwide accompanied by another certified diver to depths of up to 18 meters / 60 feet (age 15+)
- 10 – 14 year olds will earn the Junior SSI Open Water Certification and will be qualified to dive worldwide accompanied by a dive professional and/or parent or guardian
- 10 – 11 year olds can dive to depths of up to 12 meters / 40 feet
- 12 – 14 year olds can dive to depths of up to 18 meters / 60 feet
- SSI Referral Program completion within the past 12 months
- Minimum Age – 10 years old
- Be able to swim
- Be in good physical health
To participate you will be required to fill out the SSI Medical Statement.
If any of the items on the Medical Statement apply to you, you must consult a physician prior to Recreational Scuba Diving participation. Your physician must complete and sign the Medical Statement and be sure to bring a copy with you as we will require it for our records.