Statement of Understanding
Diving training courses are meant to be fun and exciting, but like any form of learning you will need to invest some time and effort to fully reap the benefits the world of diving has to offer. The following statements are set forward to afford an enjoyable and fulfilling learning environment keeping in mind your safety and the safety of others.
We ask that you please read the following statements and use them as a guideline for your actions throughout the duration of this Open Water course.
- Medical forms must be completed prior to the first class. If you have answered YES to any of the statements, please contact the store immediately.
- Punctuality is mandatory for both pool and classroom sessions.
– Late divers will have to reschedule their class.
– There will be an extra charge if a make-up class is necessary.
- Students must notify the store if they are not coming to class or open water outings.
- Students must pick up rental equipment between 5:00 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. and return it to the store at the end of the pool session (at 11:30 p.m.).
- Students must carry their own equipment and insure that their gear bag is complete.
- All course materials must be brought to each class (including completed knowledge reviews).
- Certification cards are sent directly to Sharky’s, cards are picked up at the store.
- One week prior to the beginning of the Open Water course, students must come in and get fitted for wetsuits and other diving equipment. (Please do not come in on Tuesdays or Thursdays between 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. as we are very busy preparing gear for courses.)
- For open water dives, gear is rented from the store plus the student must leave a $100 safety deposit (credit card preferable), to be reimbursed when the gear is properly returned. Please read the rental information carefully: divers will be charged a fee for mishandling equipment (i.e. dust caps not placed back on regulator, gear not cleaned…), course payment does not guarantee certification (performance based courses)
Instructors and staff accept responsibility for overcoming learning challenges. As all courses objectives must be met prior to certification, the instructor and staff will do their best to assist all students to master these objectives prior to the end of the course. If a particular student is unable to master these objectives in the time frame scheduled, it is possible to do private classes until such objectives are mastered (with an additional fee).
Our instructors and staff set out to provide a positive learning environment, to answer student questions to the best of their ability, and to assist with learning challenges. Any comment or complaints should be brought to the attention of the store staff as soon as possible.