$149 – see course schedule
This course is designed to be an introduction to techniques used in research diving and to help the student develop the skills and knowledge necessary to safely participate in research dives.
This course includes the following:
- The planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of research diving.
- An overview of general aquatic-life identification.
- Research-diving techniques (use of grids, transects, photography), such as those used for aquatic-life population counting.
- Overview of physical aspects of the aquatic environment (water movement – tides, currents, waves, bottom composition and temperature).
- History of oceanography (people and equipment under water).
To enroll in the Research Diver program, you’ll require a Open Water Diver certification (or equivalent.)