Diver Propulsion Vehicle
$349- see course schedule
Soaring through the water with a propulsion vehicle is like flying through space — you have to experience it to believe it. To take your test drive underwater, you’ll require an Open Water Diver certification (or equivalent.)
Your DPV Diver program dives allow you to practice basic vehicle handling skills and prompt you to plan and execute a typical DPV dive. During the program, you’ll cover the knowledge and techniques used when diving with an underwater propulsion vehicle.
The following will be included in your DPV Diver program:
- The planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems, and hazards of diving with a DPV.
- Equipment considerations including but not limited to battery care, maintenance and precautions.
- How to avoid harming fragile aquatic life.
- determining a turnaround point
- vehicle failure
- runaway motor
- descents and ascents
- avoiding propeller entanglements
- Techniques for entering and exiting the water with a DPV.