1226 Wellington Street West,
Ottawa ON K1Y 3A1
$125- see course schedule
Interested in sea life? Then this program is for you! You’ll need to be a Open Water Diver (or equivalent) to take this course.
Your Underwater Naturalist program will include open water dives which will introduce you to different aquatic life and include an overview of responsible human interactions with aquatic life.
Some of the topics covered are:
- The planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of diving in different aquatic environments.
- A basic overview of major aquatic life groupings (kingdoms and phyla).
- Factual information that dispels myths of potentially dangerous aquatic life.
- An overview of basic aquatic life interactions and associations.
- Responsible diving with aquatic life.
- Diving technique used to help preserve bottom dwelling aquatic life and minimize aquatic life disturbance.