Statement of Understanding
Diving training courses are meant to be fun and exciting, but like any form
of learning you will need to invest some time and effort to fully reap the benefits
the world of diving has to offer. The following statements are set forward to
afford an enjoyable and fulfilling learning environment keeping in mind your safety
and the safety of others.
We ask that you please read the following statements and use them as a guideline
for your actions throughout the duration
of this course.
- Medical forms must be completed prior
to the first class. If you have answered
YES to any of the statements, please contact
the store immediately.
- Punctuality is mandatory
- classroom sessions are from 6:00 p.m.
- 11:00 p.m.
- Open Water students must arrive on time
- Dives will proceed as usual, classes
will not be held for late students
- Late divers will have to reschedule
- There will be an extra charge if a make-up
class is necessary.
- Students must notify the store if they
are not coming to class or open water
- Students must be picked up their rental
equipment between 5:30 p.m. and 5:45 p.m.
and return it to the store at the end
of the pool session (at 11:30 p.m.).
- Students must carry their own equipment
and insure that their gear bag is complete.
- All materials must be brought to class
(including completed knowledge reviews).
- Two photos must be submitted digital
or photos to the instructor before the
end of the course.
- Certification cards are sent directly
to Sharky's, students must pick up their
cards from the store.
- One week prior to your Open Water Weekend
students must come in and get fitted for
wetsuits. (Please do not come in on Tuesdays
or Thursdays between 4:00 p.m. and 6:00
p.m. for a fitting as we are very busy
preparing the gear for courses.)
- Please note that for your open water
dives the gear will be rented from the
store but the student must leave a $100
safety deposit (credit card preferable)
for the rental gear which will be reimbursed
when the gear is properly returned. Please
read the rental information at the back.
- Divers will be charged a fee for mishandling
the equipment (i.e. dust caps not placed
back on regulator, gear not cleaned
- Payment does not guarantee certification
(performance based courses)
The instructors and staff accept the responsibility for overcoming learning
challenges. As all courses objectives must be met prior to certification, the
instructor and staff will do there best so that all students master these objectives
prior to the end of the course. If a particular student is unable to master these
objectives in the time frame scheduled for that course it is possible to do private
classes until such objectives are mastered (with an additional fee).
It is our instructors and staff responsibility to provide a positive learning
environment in which the students will master
the course objectives, answer the student's
questions to the best of their ability and
assist the student through learning challenges.
Any comment or complaints should be brought
to the attention of the store staff as soon